Sunday, February 28, 2010

My heart goes out

Yesterday a huge earthquake hit Chile just before dawn. Leaving over 200 dead and counting. Usually I would wake up and tune in to the news and see this and think "wow that's horrible" and go about my day. This morning I woke to my Chilean room mate, Eduardo. His eyes were tired stricken and his face was contorted with worry. He had been up most of the night trying to get in touch with his family, of which he has still to do. He was able to talk with his cousins but has still yet to speak with his family. I can only imagine what a horrible feeling this must be for him. To be an ocean away from his family and not know of their well being. It made me proud to hear him say he was thank full for Obamas promise to come to aid if needed. I hope his family is safe and that he gets to speak with them soon.

2 comments:

  1. We will add Eduardo and his family to our prayers. Please let us know when he gets in touch with his family.

    Americans have been coming to the aid of others for a long time. It does make you proud of our country.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pierce!!!! I am very excited for you, not going to lie a little jealous now that the tables have turned I am living in the lame ass Bible belt and you are in Europe!!! Looks like you are having fun and made friends. Graz looks beautiful, I plan on coming home at the end of July, if you can extend your stay come down to italy and stay at my house. if not let me know when you go to southern italy and you can stay at my place!! Take care bro. ill be creeping on you

    ReplyDelete