Friday, April 9, 2010

Amsterdam

I know this isn't the most attractive picture but once again I find myself paying too much to use internet. Amsterdam is quite an interesting establishment. The city is a product of sailors and traders whose reputation precedes her. Canals that run through the city’s streets make navigating the city interesting. Many elaborate houseboats are housed throughout the canals, some of which are even hotels. On the subject of navigating the streets, I have never seen so many bicycles in my life. Our tour guide, Mason, told use that they pull 25,000 bikes out of the canals every year. There are more bicycles than people. Within 15 minutes of being in the city I was almost hit several times. Our hostel was great. It had a very warm atmosphere with really friendly travelers. We explored the Van Gogh museum one day and a bicycle tour of the city the next. It made for a relaxing weekend. Away we go to Brussels.

1 comment: